1. If you are going to be doing some shopping online, make sure you understand the liability for every credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on your own card in the event the number is stolen.
2. When shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in case something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
5. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's coming to you fairly!