1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
3. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Learn the online store's return policy. If you are considering building a purchase on an item that you might want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
5. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store near you, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are accessible to be shipped to you.