1. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that allows you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
3. If you're concerned about whether a shopping site is legitimate or not, do some research regarding it. The internet could be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with assorted sites. If the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
4. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. Be wary of the emails you obtain, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a website other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and type in the web site you want to go to. It is much safer that way.