1. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer service representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can present you with a lot of reassurance.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
3. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's arriving at you fairly!
4. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Try to find "https://" in the URL of the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.