1. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can be simply impersonated or perhaps out-right hacked. Get your info on the social media sites, then proceed directly to the main site in the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
2. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, therefore the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.
3. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about online shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
4. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
5. When you are searching for a spot to buy a product and none of the results are most often from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not in the market to take your money.