1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a matter. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in case something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Look for "https://" within the URL in the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.
5. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online stores. Many times with some searching, you save as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to successfully are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs into your calculations.