1. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
2. When you are searching for a place to buy a specific thing and not one of the results are most often from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not to take your money.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every few weeks or so, make up a new password for your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
5. Always remember your budget and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual realm of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.