1. If you are intending to be shopping on the web, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like one that you have in the home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, therefore the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
5. In case a company has a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and discount codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter should you really like their products and services and would use a coupon code.