1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your money.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've had a good experience from them, and they will also obtain a reputation as a seller.
5. Always remember your finances and credit limits when shopping online. The virtual arena of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.