1. If you want to save money on the products you purchase online and wish to make online shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some good deals should you place your bids on the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies before getting started.
2. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money using a company that fails to provide.
3. If you find a great product on your favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
4. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer care representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can give you a lot of reassurance.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.