1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. Learn the online store's return policy. Should you be considering creating a purchase on an item that you might want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
3. If you're concerned with whether a shopping site is legitimate or not, do some research regarding it. The internet could be a great way to discover other people's experiences with different sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
4. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to enroll in their email updates which normally have promotions and sales. This can result in savings for you personally as you may obtain a discount in the item as well as free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
5. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.