1. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Learn the online store's return policy. Should you be considering creating a purchase on an item that you may want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you may not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
4. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.