1. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every few weeks approximately, make up a whole new password for your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Be wary of the emails you get, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a website other than the main one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter in the web site you want to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
4. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. Typically this will give you an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a broad swerve.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.