1. If you find an excellent product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
2. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
3. Find out more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is advisable to go through a different store.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
5. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.