1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
2. Be careful where you submit your credit card information. When you are shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
4. A fantastic tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about internet shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.