1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
2. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social media marketing. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can easily be impersonated or perhaps out-right hacked. Get your information on the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the key site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
4. Learn the online store's return policy. If you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
5. Know about the dangers of shopping online together with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much better to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for the safest conditions.