1. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the caliber of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
3. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money using a company that fails to deliver.
4. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, and so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
5. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are offered to be shipped to you.