1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. To guard yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. If you want to spend less on the products you buy online and would like to make online shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals should you place your bids on the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.
5. Always look for coupon codes when shopping on the net. Many internet retailers give out discounts for various things and you can find them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name in the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This is a great way to cut costs when you shop online.