1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description so that you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
2. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
3. Be wary for any emails you get, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a site other than the main one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go approximately your browser and enter the web site you want to go to. It is much safer that way.
4. If you are planning to be online shopping, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one which you have at home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
5. If you find a fantastic product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.