1. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that as being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember if you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation being a seller.
4. In case a company includes a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter in the event you really like their goods and would use a promotion code.
5. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. Typically this will give you an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a wide swerve.