1. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to check this out password, they could have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Take time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.
3. Discover the online store's return policy. If you are considering making a purchase on an item that you may want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you may not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
4. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Discover more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only when the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is recommended to go through an alternative store.