1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general idea of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. Call the web company before you make a purchase. For those who have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want to be able to know that you can reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your charge card information. If you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.