1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a matter. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and exactly how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. When you shop online, make sure the site you are on starts with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
3. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. If you like a web-based store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
5. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.