1. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider applying for a separate charge card to use only for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions if they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You may be able to find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
3. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting as early as Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many online stores have moved their sales days up by a couple of days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.
4. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
5. Call the web company before making a purchase. In case you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want in order to know that you can reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your charge card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.