1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to enroll in their email updates which often have special offers and sales. This can result in savings for you as you may get yourself a discount on the item or perhaps free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
3. When shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within dependent on hours.
4. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and exactly how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something fails after you've made your purchase.