1. Talk to your friends about their favorite web stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you understand to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This can save you a lot of time and energy.
2. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to some price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
3. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which normally have promotions and sales. This can result in savings for you as you may get yourself a discount on the item or even free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
4. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer service representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
5. Be familiar with the dangers of shopping online along with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much easier to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for the safest conditions.