1. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something fails after you've made your purchase.
4. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You generally is one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.
5. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.