1. When you are creating any purchases on the internet and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they might have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
2. If you like an internet store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
3. When you shop online, it is crucial that you spend a little time looking into the site that you are considering buying from. You can find information about the web page from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them might lead to you having the products you probably did not order or getting billed a lot more than you should have.
4. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
5. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.