1. If you like a web-based store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
2. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your cash with a company that fails to offer.
3. Make sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is quite common, and you also must protect your information in any way cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.