1. When you are searching for a location to buy an item and none of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not in the market to take your cash.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.
3. Find out the online store's return policy. In case you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you may not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
4. If you want to save money on the products you purchase online and would like to make online shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals should you place your bids in the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.
5. Shop around when you shop online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal you can.