1. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
3. If you like an online store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Before making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best offer possible. Also look into what it will cost for the shipping on the items and if there are free freight options accessible to you.