1. If you find a great product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
2. Be careful where you submit your credit card information. When you find yourself shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
3. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider trying to get a separate charge card to use just for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. A fantastic tip to consider when you're thinking about shopping online is to make certain the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
5. Turn it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to some price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.