1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain quantity. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
4. Whenever you enjoy the ease of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a brand new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.