1. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.
2. Shopping online is a terrific way to save money as you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save much more money.
3. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are selecting a site to shop from. If you don't feel at ease providing the company with your bank card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a website that offers a secure page when you're adding your charge card information.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. When shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.