1. When you are making a purchase online, make sure that you use a charge card to pay for the transaction. Bank card users are protected against fraud by federal law and are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far concerning wave the $50 for you, meaning that you will not be out of pocket.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
4. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Look for online coupons when shopping on the net. Many online retailers give out discounts for various things and you can see them by doing a simple search. Just enter in the name from the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This really is a great way to save money when you shop online.