1. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.
2. Call the internet company prior to making a purchase. For those who have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want so that you can know that you could reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your charge card information. If you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
3. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
4. Before you start your online shopping, make sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best which you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they are.
5. Online shopping is a great way to save money because you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save even more money.