1. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Learn the online store's return policy. In case you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you may want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
5. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to enroll in their email updates which normally have promotions and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may get yourself a discount on the item as well as free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.