1. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
2. When shopping online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy to get the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
5. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.