1. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that as being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
2. While shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to sign up for their email updates which normally have special deals and sales. This can lead to savings for you personally as you may get a discount in the item or even free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description so that you know exactly what you are purchasing.
5. When shopping online, be certain the site you are on begins with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. If a site does not have the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.