1. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. If you want to spend less on the products you purchase online and want to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some terrific deals should you place your bids in the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies just before getting started.
3. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that as a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
4. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can easily be impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your information about the social media sites, then proceed directly to the main site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
5. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to some price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.