1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If you are making a purchase online, make sure that you use a charge card to pay for the transaction. Charge card users are protected against fraud by federal law and therefore are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far regarding wave the $50 for you, meaning that you will not be out of pocket.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some type of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
4. In case you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of reassurance.
5. Online shopping is a great way to save money because you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save even more money.