1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation as a seller.
3. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are on the up and up and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not seem sensible or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
4. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
5. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to explain the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their shipping and handling fees are. Use this all information to choose if these costs and options fit well for you, your budget, along with your area before you place an order.