1. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
2. Online shopping is a great way to save money since you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save a lot more money.
3. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, ensure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even desire to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
4. Make sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and also you must protect your information at all cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.