1. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
2. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are in the up and up and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. In addition, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
4. An excellent tip to consider when you're thinking about shopping online is to ensure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
5. If you like an internet store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.