1. In case a company has a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and online coupons to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter should you really like their goods and would use a discount code.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
4. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have special deals and sales. This can result in savings for you as you may get yourself a discount around the item as well as free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.