1. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general idea of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
3. To protect yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
5. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to produce a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.