1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
2. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate credit card to use simply for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions when they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. If you are going to be doing some shopping on the web, make sure you understand the liability for each credit card you make use of online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built-in while others offer it to get a minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on your own card when the number is stolen.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Spend some time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.