1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
2. If you like an online store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
3. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general concept of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store close to you, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are accessible to be shipped to you.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.