1. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have special offers and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may get yourself a discount around the item or even free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
4. Shop around when you shop online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal you can.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never a fun experience.