1. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. Typically this will provide you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a large swerve.
2. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they might have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
4. If a company features a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter if you really like their products and services and would use a coupon code.
5. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You generally is one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.