1. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
3. Always remember your finances and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual realm of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
4. Before you start your internet shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Online shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel these are.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.