1. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Take this into account when you are deciding on a site to look from. In the event you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your bank card information, look for another site. Try to find a web site that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your charge card information.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've had a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as being a seller.
5. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.