1. Call the online company before you make a purchase. For those who have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want to be able to know that you can reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your charge card information. Should you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something fails after you've made your purchase.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When you shop online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to get the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.